This year saw the culmination of hard and dedicated work go a long way to put Woolgoolga on the map. Over 11,000 people attended this year’s Curryfest, making not only for a record attendance, but a great drawcard for the town, surrounding areas and their businesses.
Notable additions last year were:
- Addition of a 12 page visitors guide, rebuild of woolgoolga.org.au, billboards, TV and radio campaigns.
- A stunning mural on the headland water tower accompanied by interpretive information boards installed by National Parks and Wildlife Service
Of course there will be work in getting another successful Curryfest together for next year, but there are other factors that have succeeded with our attention and need further work such as:
- Beach Street Landscaping and town centre beautification
- Further development and promotion of Whale Watch Headland
- Improvements to visibility of our Visitor’s centre
- Increased business communications and networking for our valued members through continued Chamber breakfasts.